Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Stellabration!


Stella turned 3 last month. I don't even want to get into the whole "how did that happen" conversation, so I'm just going to skip to her Stellabration! She wanted her party to be filled with pink butterflies. I added orange so we didn't find ourselves drowning in pink.



Stella requested a butterfly cake, vanilla cupcakes, butterfly cookies, cake pops, and candy. Sadly, I ran out of time which meant something had to give so we'll do cake pops another time. I added rice krispies treats on a stick. Next time I make them I plan to dip them in white chocolate, then wrap in cellophane to make a portable treat. I originally planned to use these mini butterfly cookies as cupcake toppers, but I used them to incorporate color into the rice krispies treat display. I also used them to make a border around the cake.

I love how these butterfly sugar cookies turned out. The pink is really bright. I used sixlets to add texture to the middle.


The butterfly sugar cookies made really cute cookie pops. The kids at the party really loved the cookie pops. I thought it would be kind of tedious to bake the cookies on a stick, but I followed these guidelines from Glorious Treats. It's hard to see, but the small square bowl is filled with butterfly gummies. I filled the large jars with pink Whoppers and tangerine sour balls. Guests were encouraged to fill the "Goodies to Go" bags with as much candy as they wanted!

I included bunting on the cake which spelled out S*T*E*L*L*A! It's kind of hard to see, but I found the bunting here by The TomKat Studio.

Where's the birthday girl? I'm hoping my husband caught better photos, but all I have is this one! Stella requested that she wear her pink "pretty" dress and pink Chuckies. I love my girlie tomboy!

No comments:

Post a Comment