Tuesday, March 6, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

Okay, so I'm about 8 weeks late on this post. How did THAT happen? Life, it's bigger, it's bigger than you...thank you R.E.M.

I'm a goals type of girl. I like to have something to focus on. In 2008, get married. In 2009, have a baby. In 2010, love that baby. In 2011, play with that baby. In 2012, teach that baby. What's wrong with this picture? Yeah, I need to expand my world. Stella will always be priority #1, but I'm making time for baking and cooking and reading...oh yeah!

I really love that 2012 is an even year. They seem better, right? I can't believe it's already March, but let's make the most of it!
  1. Make macarons...the fancy French treat.
  2. Learn to make a mean vegetarian paella. I already found the perfect recipe in Gwyneth's My Father's Daughter cookbook.
  3. Read Joan Didion's Blue Nights.
  4. Learn how to use an X-acto knife.
  5. Send someone a Postcard Birthday Poster.
  6. Read Colson Whitehead's Zone One.
  7. Listen to the Joy the Baker podcast. I'm just now listening to the Christmas edition. It's such a fun, girlie podcast...surely I can listen to it on time!
  8. Learn how to sew. That's a giant one, so maybe let's narrow it down to determine if you can sew! Is it fun?
  9. Clean house. On a regular basis. Clean it!
  10. Cook more often.
  11. Buy another work of art that I truly love.
Okay, that's enough for now. I love rounded numbers, so it's taking huge amounts of restraint to stop myself from adding a #12.

No comments:

Post a Comment