I'm a goals type of girl. I like to have something to focus on. In 2008, get married. In 2009, have a baby. In 2010, love that baby. In 2011, play with that baby. In 2012, teach that baby. What's wrong with this picture? Yeah, I need to expand my world. Stella will always be priority #1, but I'm making time for baking and cooking and reading...oh yeah!
I really love that 2012 is an even year. They seem better, right? I can't believe it's already March, but let's make the most of it!
- Make macarons...the fancy French treat.
- Learn to make a mean vegetarian paella. I already found the perfect recipe in Gwyneth's My Father's Daughter cookbook.
- Read Joan Didion's Blue Nights.
- Learn how to use an X-acto knife.
- Send someone a Postcard Birthday Poster.
- Read Colson Whitehead's Zone One.
- Listen to the Joy the Baker podcast. I'm just now listening to the Christmas edition. It's such a fun, girlie podcast...surely I can listen to it on time!
- Learn how to sew. That's a giant one, so maybe let's narrow it down to determine if you can sew! Is it fun?
- Clean house. On a regular basis. Clean it!
- Cook more often.
- Buy another work of art that I truly love.