Sunday, September 18, 2011

Peanut Butter Crisscrosses


I love all things peanut butter. I love the salty sweet taste of a Reese's peanut butter cup so much, that I follow them on Facebook! A few years ago, I switched to natural peanut butter. The ingredients are peanuts and salt. Nice and simple. It makes an awesome PB&J, but I do not use it to bake. I bake with Peter Pan. I needed a quick, tasty cookie to make for a Chief's football party.

Enter Dorie Greenspan's Peanut Butter Crisscrosses. This is the first recipe I've baked from Baking: From my home to yours. I've been reading this cookbook for the better part of 2011. Reading it is like talking to a good friend who knows everything about baking.

This peanut butter cookie does not disappoint. I've been searching for a peanut butter cookie recipe for many years. Often, I find peanut butter cookies kind of oily and kind of tacky. These cookies are sandy without being dry. The peanut flavor is strong. I used Planter's Sweet & Crunchy peanuts because that's what I had in the cabinet. The recipe calls for the dough to be rolled into balls, then rolled in sugar before being flattened with the tines of a fork. I added about 1 1/4 teaspoons of salt to the sugar which added a nice kick of salt when you bite into the cookie.

The recipe says it makes 40 cookies. I made about 56 cookies about 2 1/2". The cookies were a huge hit at the Chief's party (sadly, the Chiefs tanked).

No comments:

Post a Comment