Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tomato Pie, oh my!

The universe is telling me to bake a tomato pie. First, a colleague posted pictures of a tomato pie on Facebook. She cobbled together the recipe from several other recipes until she got it to taste just like the pie she ate from a restaurant in Austin. She posted the recipe after several friends begged her to.

A few days later, I received the July/August 2011 issue of the Food Network Magazine. Guess what's on the cover? Yep, Heirloom Tomato Pie. Then I'm flipping through August 2011 issue of Bon Appetit. You can imagine my surprise when I turn the page and find a recipe for Tomato and Cheddar Pie (p. 90). Should I stop or keep going? Let's keep going! I received a tweet from Cafe Sebastienne located in the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art. If you're in the Kansas City area, this is a lovely lunch spot. Guess what's on their dinner menu? A heirloom tomato tart with Green Dirt Farm's sheep milk cheese, extra virgin olive oil, wild arugula, and basil pesto. Doesn't that sound incredible?

Alright already, I'll make the pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment